While our 17-Jim (ranked 13th in the nation by PrepVolleyball.com) prepares to represent us at Girls Junior National Championships, we are busy filling up our summer schedule. As always, you can keep up with us by checking the calendar. And you can Like Us on Facebook as well!
Temporary Practice Locations!
Still the same club, the same name, the same great core group of coaches. Just going to have a new address! This summer/fall/winter, The EDGE is going to build a Brand new, four-court, practice facility in Littleton – where we started it all in 2010/2011. We have closed the doors on our Federal Blvd location forever. We are proud to say we outgrew the building because of our clubs growing success, popularity, and loyal players and families. We thank all of our club family for our success.
We will practice this season at Denver Christian School (address at the top of the page), and the Southwest Family YMCA (on Kenyon in Sheridan).
Until our new facility is completed, the location for all of our 2019 summer programs:
Denver Christian School
3898 S Teller St
Lakewood, CO 80235
|High Schoool Prep Camp|
|WHEN: 7/13/2019 – 7/14/2019, 3pm – 5pm
AGES: Athletes entering grades 9 – 12
The best way to shake off rust, fine-tune skills, and get ready for High School Tryouts. Improve and learn!
|Gold Crown Prep Camp|
|WHEN: 7/20/2019 – 7/21/2019, 3pm – 5pm
AGES: Athletes entering grades 5 – 8
Fast paced camp that will increase your athlete’s skills and knowledge of competitive play. A great transition for rec-league players looking to get competitive in a low pressure, high-energy environment.
Summer Open Gyms
All Open Gyms for the EDGE are FREE
Just get on the court and PLAY! While our new facility is being built, we are hosting our open gyms at Denver Christian School 3898 S Teller St, Lakewood, CO 80235. Bring a water bottle, your kneepads, and court shoes! While we welcome unsigned players, and players from all clubs, we do not attempt to recruit players under contract. The EDGE uses all open gyms and our camps to identify players in whom we may have an interest in signing.
Summer 2019 Open Gym Schedule
Until our new building is completed, Open Gyms will be held at: Denver Christian School 3898 S Teller St, Lakewood, CO 80235 As always, watch for updates, here, and on our calendar.
NOTE: ALL Tryouts are also open gyms for players who just want to come in and play. Open gyms themselves are not tryouts.
- Saturday, July 27, 6pm – 8pm – OPENGYM/SIGN
- Saturday, August 10, 5pm – 7pm – OPENGYM/SIGN
- Saturday, August 17, 5pm – 7pm – OPENGYM/SIGN
- Saturday, August 31, 5pm – 7pm – OPENGYM/SIGN
- Saturday, September 21, 5pm – 7pm – OPENGYM/SIGN
- Saturday, October 12, 5pm – 7pm – OPENGYM/SIGN
What to bring to Tryouts
- Copy of athlete’s Birth Certificate
- USA Volleyball Medical Release: Get one here
- RMR Membership Card – If you are new to club, just get a summer membership. If you are a previous club player, bring your current membership card. You can print one by logging in to your USAV account. Summer memberships, and USAV account login can be accessed here.
Keep checking back for updates, or Like Us on Facebook to keep up to date. USAV Age Definitions for the 2020 Club Season:
- 18: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2001 (or born after Sept. 1, 2000 and are still a high school student in 12th grade or below)
- 17: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2002
- 16: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2003
- 15: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2004
- 14: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2005
- 13: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2006
- 12: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2007
- 11: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2008
It’s BAAAAACK!!! Register for our Summer Grass 2 v 2 tournament! Find a partner or and sign up, or sign up yourself and find a partner when you get there! Either way, come have some fun in the sun this summer! The EDGE will provide lunch hot off the grill, and drinks. But bring a cooler of anything else you want, and plenty of sunscreen and water! Bring your pop-up canopy and chairs! Please, NO alcoholic beverages at the site – that goes for both players and spectators.
All proceeds go toward our scholarship program to help players in need of financial assistance to play club volleyball.
|What||When||Where||Sign me up!|
|8th Annual Juniors Grass 2 v 2:
U12-13s, 14-15s, 16-18s
$25/player ($50 per team)
|Sun, Aug 4th||Clement Park
7306 W Bowles Ave
Littleton, CO 80123
|Free car wash to raise money in the form of pledges and donations
How it works:
|Applebee’s Flapjack Fundraiser|
|Pancake Breakfast served at Applebee’s (Wadsworth & Belleview and Highlands Ranch locations)
How it works:
Dates and Locations available:
Highlands Ranch Applebee’s
|Chocolate Bar Sales|
|Sell “World’s Finest Chocolate” candy bars to your friends, family and coworkers
How it works:
|2 vs 2 Grass Tournament|
|Crash the Grass is the most fun fundraiser!
How it works:
Other Fundraising Opportunities and Work Scholarships:
- As always the EDGE will offer King Soopers credits toward your club fees. King Soopers is switching the way they distribute fees, you will need to sign up on-line to join.
- Work-to-play is also an additional option to players who meet financial criteria. Those players will be given work assignments such as coaching in our developmental program, working at the snack bar, clean up group, etc. Work hours will be deducted from players tuition.
- Addition opportunities will be added as they become available.
This is the club wide volleyball events calendar. Visit the team pages to see calendars specific to each team. Pay close attention to your practice LOCATION. Practices will be split between two different locations this season.
2019 Season Highlights!