2020 Club Season!
Good luck to all of our club players as they play their high school and Gold Crown seasons! But it’s time to get ready for club! As always, you can keep up with us by checking the calendar.
INTERIM PRACTICE FACILITY!
We are practicing in a 3-court warehouse at 3535 CARDER CT , Littleton, CO 80129. The location is just south of Santa Fe and C-470, right next to our club home for the next few years while we work out some glitches with our new property and build our permanent home on Platte Canyon Rd.
Prepare for Club Season
DON’T LEAVE THESE TO THE LAST MINUTE!
- Get/update your 2020 USAV Membership here. MAKE SURE YOU SELECT THE EDGE AS YOUR CLUB WHEN YOU REGISTER. We CANNOT POST ROSTERS until all players have registered and marked The EDGE as their club.
- When they are posted, get your 2020 USAV Medical Release and get TWO COPIES to Jim Gibson. Download here
- Come to Open Gym and get fitted for your uniform/warmups
- Come to Open Gym and get some time on the court with your new teammates!
Summer Open Gyms
All Open Gyms for the EDGE are FREE
Just get on the court and PLAY! While our new facility is being built, we are hosting our open gyms at Denver Christian School 3898 S Teller St, Lakewood, CO 80235. Bring a water bottle, your kneepads, and court shoes! While we welcome unsigned players, and players from all clubs, we do not attempt to recruit players under contract. The EDGE uses all open gyms and our camps to identify players in whom we may have an interest in signing.
Summer 2019 Open Gym Schedule
Until our new building is completed, Open Gyms will be held at: Denver Christian School 3898 S Teller St, Lakewood, CO 80235 As always, watch for updates, here, and on our calendar.
NOTE: ALL Tryouts are also open gyms for players who just want to come in and play. Open gyms themselves are not tryouts.
- Saturday, August 10, 3pm – 5pm – BOYS TRYOUT
- Saturday, August 10, 5pm – 7pm – OPENGYM/SIGN
- Saturday, August 17, 5pm – 7pm – OPENGYM/SIGN
- Saturday, August 31, 5pm – 7pm – OPENGYM/SIGN
- Saturday, September 21, 5pm – 7pm – OPENGYM/SIGN
- Saturday, October 12, 5pm – 7pm – OPENGYM/SIGN
What to bring to Tryouts
- Copy of athlete’s Birth Certificate
- USA Volleyball Medical Release: Get one here
- RMR Membership Card – If you are new to club, just get a summer membership. If you are a previous club player, bring your current membership card. You can print one by logging in to your USAV account. Summer memberships, and USAV account login can be accessed here.
Keep checking back for updates, or Like Us on Facebook to keep up to date. USAV Age Definitions for the 2020 Club Season:
- 18: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2001 (or born after Sept. 1, 2000 and are still a high school student in 12th grade or below)
- 17: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2002
- 16: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2003
- 15: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2004
- 14: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2005
- 13: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2006
- 12: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2007
- 11: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2008
|Free car wash to raise money in the form of pledges and donations
How it works:
|Applebee’s Flapjack Fundraiser|
|Pancake Breakfast served at Applebee’s (Wadsworth & Belleview and Highlands Ranch locations)
How it works:
Dates and Locations available:
Highlands Ranch Applebee’s
|Chocolate Bar Sales|
|Sell “World’s Finest Chocolate” candy bars to your friends, family and coworkers
How it works:
|2 vs 2 Grass Tournament|
|Crash the Grass is the most fun fundraiser!
How it works:
Other Fundraising Opportunities and Work Scholarships:
- As always the EDGE will offer King Soopers credits toward your club fees. King Soopers is switching the way they distribute fees, you will need to sign up on-line to join.
- Work-to-play is also an additional option to players who meet financial criteria. Those players will be given work assignments such as coaching in our developmental program, working at the snack bar, clean up group, etc. Work hours will be deducted from players tuition.
- Addition opportunities will be added as they become available.
This is the club wide volleyball events calendar. Visit the team pages to see calendars specific to each team. Pay close attention to your practice LOCATION. Practices will be split between two different locations this season.
2019 Season Highlights!