While our 17-Jim (ranked 13th in the nation by PrepVolleyball.com) prepares to represent us at Girls Junior National Championships, we are busy filling up our summer schedule. As always, you can keep up with us by checking the calendar. And you can Like Us on Facebook as well!
Temporary Practice Locations!
Still the same club, the same name, the same great core group of coaches. Just going to have a new address! This summer/fall/winter, The EDGE is going to build a Brand new, four-court, practice facility in Littleton – where we started it all in 2010/2011. We have closed the doors on our Federal Blvd location forever. We are proud to say we outgrew the building because of our clubs growing success, popularity, and loyal players and families. We thank all of our club family for our success.
We will practice this season at Denver Christian School (address at the top of the page), and the Southwest Family YMCA (on Kenyon in Sheridan).
Summer Open Gyms
All Open Gyms for the EDGE are FREE
Just get on the court and PLAY! While our new facility is being built, we are hosting our open gyms at Denver Christian School 3898 S Teller St, Lakewood, CO 80235. Bring a water bottle, your kneepads, and court shoes! While we welcome unsigned players, and players from all clubs, we do not attempt to recruit players under contract. The EDGE uses all open gyms and our camps to identify players in whom we may have an interest in signing.
Summer 2019 Open Gym Schedule
Until our new building is completed, Open Gyms will be held at: Denver Christian School 3898 S Teller St, Lakewood, CO 80235 As always, watch for updates, here, and on our calendar.
NOTE: ALL Tryouts are also open gyms for players who just want to come in and play. Open gyms themselves are not tryouts.
- Saturday, August 10, 3pm – 5pm – BOYS TRYOUT
- Saturday, August 10, 5pm – 7pm – OPENGYM/SIGN
- Saturday, August 17, 5pm – 7pm – OPENGYM/SIGN
- Saturday, August 31, 5pm – 7pm – OPENGYM/SIGN
- Saturday, September 21, 5pm – 7pm – OPENGYM/SIGN
- Saturday, October 12, 5pm – 7pm – OPENGYM/SIGN
What to bring to Tryouts
- Copy of athlete’s Birth Certificate
- USA Volleyball Medical Release: Get one here
- RMR Membership Card – If you are new to club, just get a summer membership. If you are a previous club player, bring your current membership card. You can print one by logging in to your USAV account. Summer memberships, and USAV account login can be accessed here.
Keep checking back for updates, or Like Us on Facebook to keep up to date. USAV Age Definitions for the 2020 Club Season:
- 18: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2001 (or born after Sept. 1, 2000 and are still a high school student in 12th grade or below)
- 17: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2002
- 16: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2003
- 15: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2004
- 14: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2005
- 13: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2006
- 12: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2007
- 11: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2008
|Free car wash to raise money in the form of pledges and donations
How it works:
|Applebee’s Flapjack Fundraiser|
|Pancake Breakfast served at Applebee’s (Wadsworth & Belleview and Highlands Ranch locations)
How it works:
Dates and Locations available:
Highlands Ranch Applebee’s
|Chocolate Bar Sales|
|Sell “World’s Finest Chocolate” candy bars to your friends, family and coworkers
How it works:
|2 vs 2 Grass Tournament|
|Crash the Grass is the most fun fundraiser!
How it works:
Other Fundraising Opportunities and Work Scholarships:
- As always the EDGE will offer King Soopers credits toward your club fees. King Soopers is switching the way they distribute fees, you will need to sign up on-line to join.
- Work-to-play is also an additional option to players who meet financial criteria. Those players will be given work assignments such as coaching in our developmental program, working at the snack bar, clean up group, etc. Work hours will be deducted from players tuition.
- Addition opportunities will be added as they become available.
This is the club wide volleyball events calendar. Visit the team pages to see calendars specific to each team. Pay close attention to your practice LOCATION. Practices will be split between two different locations this season.
2019 Season Highlights!