2020/2021 CLUB TRYOUTS
Tryouts are scheduled to run July 6-11, 2020
Given the state of the world, we are not sure what that will look like. But here is where we stand now. Current 2020 season members who commit to returning to the EDGE for 2021 during the week of the June 15 returning commitment date, will not have to pay any tryout fees. They are welcome to all tryout events free of charge. Players new to club, or who played the 2020 season at a club other than The EDGE will pay a one-time, non-refundable fee of $20. Players who played at The EDGE in 2020 but did not commit to return in 2021 during the week of June 15 will also be subject to the one-time, non-refundable $20 fee to attend tryouts.
Tentative Tryout Schedule:All tryouts will take place at our practice facility: 3395 Carder Ct, Littleton, CO 80129. See age definitions at the bottom of the page.
17s & 18s – 2pm – 5pm
15s – 6pm – 9pm
16s – 6pm – 9pm
14s – 6pm – 9pm
12s and 13s – 6pm – 9pm
14s, 15s, & 16s – 6pm – 9pm
8a-9:30a – 12s/13s
10a-11:30a – 14s
12p-1:30p – 15s
2p-3:30p – 16s
4p-5:30p – 17s/18s
What to Bring:
- USAV Membership card – Get it here
- COPY of you Birth Certificate – ONLY for players NEW TO THE EDGE.
- Medical Release form – Get it here
- Upon Acceptance of position a deposit of $500 will be required.
As always, Club fees are all inclusive:
- Uniform Package (2 Jerseys, 2 pair of socks, 1 spandex, 1 practice shirt, backpack, warmup pants and jacket)
- Team Poster
- Skills Sessions (in addition to team practices)
- Preseason Conditioning Sessions
- Our travel fees will NOT INCLUDE travel fees for your out-of-state events (Hotel/Airfare/Meals). The EDGE will reserve blocks of hotel rooms at discounts. But families will be individually responsible for travel, lodging, and meals for themselves and their athletes.
During a normal season, our teams participate in a preseason tournament, 6 powers, Crossroads National Qualifier (here in Denver), and JNQ’s if they qualify. Additionally, our 15s and older travel teams will be showcased in a National Volleyball Showcase where they will be playing in front of recruiters from colleges all over the country! Most or all of our teams will play at the 3-day RMR Showdown in Greeley. Our 14s-18s travel teams will also play at an additional out-of-state National Qualifier.
The EDGE has enjoyed a high level of success since our inception, we had several teams that finished the 2019 season in Division 1 thru 3 – including 4 in Regional Junior National Qualify play. Our top 17s team earned a Junior National bid. The EDGE has earned multiple National Bids over the past few seasons (the Covid-19 shorted 2020 season notwithstanding) and will be looking for more in 2021. Our mission has always been to offer a quality and affordable option for competitive volleyball – and we do.
As always, refer to the calendar for updates.
USAV Age Definitions for the 2021 Club Season:
- 18: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2002
- 17: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2003
- 16: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2004
- 15: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2005
- 14: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2006
- 13: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2007
- 12: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2008
- 11: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2009